Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Australian magazine super food ideas. I haven't made this but I like the combination of ingredients and am storing it here to try. I added a 1/2 red onion to them though.
- 1 whole cooked chicken, meat removed and shredded
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 300 g chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely sliced
- 100 g feta, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 200 g Baby Spinach
- Combine chicken, tomatoes, chickpeas, parsley, onion and feta in a large bowl. Season with black pepper; toss gently to combine.
- Whisk oil, juice and salt and pepper together in a small bowl until well combined.
- Add spinach to chicken, drizzle with dressing and toss again to combine.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Yummo, this is a fab salad, tastes great & fills the gap nicely. I had some green beans leftover so added those too & also some fresh chives along with the parsley..Delicous, thanks Jan!
Wow!!! Fussy kids ate it all up with no complaints!!!!! I used some cooked chicken breasts leftover from #95569. When I asked my husband what he thought, all he could say was "good, but use less chick peas next time" (I had used a whole 400g tin, not 300g as in recipe.) - there you go - would have been perfect if I hadn't been lazy!!