1/4 Photos of Chicken and Chickpea Bake
1 hr 20 mins
tomoko matsunaga's Note:
I made this for tonight. It was one of the recipe in the recipe book that I bought. Tasted good, I added some frozen beans and the book suggested to serve with couscous, but I didn't have one so I served with garlic and herb pasta. They were really yummy dinner and my sharemate liked them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 300 g chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 (400 g) cans diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 75 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- cooked couscous or pasta, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Combine flour and salt and pepper on a plate.
- 3Lightly coat drumsticks in seasoning flour.
- 4Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- 5Cook chicken, turning occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a shallow 8 cup capacity baking dish. Add chickpeas.
- 6Heat remaining oil in frying pan over medium-high-heat. Add garlic and onion.
- 7Cook for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, stock, sugar and salt and pepper.
- 8Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes until thickened slightly.
- 9Pour sauce over chicken, stirring to coat. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- 10Remove foil and sprinkle with feta. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until feta has melted and chicken is cooked though. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with couscous or pasta.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Chickpea Bake
Serving Size: 1 (518 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.1
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 135.8 mg
- Sodium 611.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 37.9 g