Recipe by tomoko matsunaga
I made this for tonight. It was one of the recipe in the recipe book that I bought. Tasted good, I added some frozen beans and the book suggested to serve with couscous, but I didn't have one so I served with garlic and herb pasta. They were really yummy dinner and my sharemate liked them!
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 300 g chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 (400 g) cans diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white sugar
- 75 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- cooked couscous or pasta, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine flour and salt and pepper on a plate.
- Lightly coat drumsticks in seasoning flour.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken, turning occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a shallow 8 cup capacity baking dish. Add chickpeas.
- Heat remaining oil in frying pan over medium-high-heat. Add garlic and onion.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, stock, sugar and salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes until thickened slightly.
- Pour sauce over chicken, stirring to coat. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with feta. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until feta has melted and chicken is cooked though. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with couscous or pasta.