Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
kate made these on jon and kate plus 8.The episode where the two older girls are mommy for the day. These are really good. I think i may add olives or mushrooms next time.
- 1 loaf French bread, cut in half and split open
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast, skinless, boneless, cut into strips
- 1 small bell peppers, green or 1 small red pepper, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce (I used Hunts sauce Basil, Garlic & Oregano 8 oz. can)
- 1 package of sliced mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet.
- Add chicken and cook until browned, stirring often.
- Remove chicken.
- Add pepper and onion and cook until tender.
- Return chicken to skillet and heat through.
- Spoon chicken mixture on bottom bread half.
- Then cover with tomato sauce.
- Finally top each half with mozz. cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with remaining bread half if desired.
- Cut into quarters.
- Makes 4 sandwiches.