Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Uses ground chicken
Make and share this Chicken and Cheese Ravioli With Tomato Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground chicken
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canwhole tomatoes with juice, pureed in a food processor
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese ravioli, cooked according to package directions, drained
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the oil.
- Add the chicken, onions, and garlic and saute, breaking up the chicken with a spoon, until it turns white and the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Decrease the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until the flavors are blended, about 10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve sauce over the ravioli and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.