Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The crust is made from a tortilla for this simple and quick Southwest-inspired pie. It's a recipe that would work as brunch, lunch or dinner. A Cook's Country recipe.
- 1 (10 inch) flour tortillas, burrito size
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin discarded and meat shredded in bite size pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄3 cup drained jarred pickled jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
For the Side
- sour cream
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Grease 9" pie plate. Press tortilla into prepared pan and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Toss chicken, cilantro, jalapenos, 1 cup cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a sprinkling of pepper in large bowl till combined. Spoon over tortilla.
- Whisk eggs, milk, flour, baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt in bowl until smooth. Slowly pour over filling, then sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until surface is golden brown, about 20 minutes Let cool 5 minutes Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream and salsa.