Recipe by Perfect Pixie
Beautiful dish, we can't get enough of it, homemade and from nz, perfect
Top Review by deannecorona
My step daughters really like this dish the first time I made it. The second time instead of cottage cheese I used riccota cheese and that really works well also. I also used white pepper intead of black. I also made this for a church pot luck and it went real fast I didn't have enough for everyone so next time I really need to make a lot of pies to feed a lot of hungary people.
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 2 cups cold cooked chicken
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 250 g cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- line base and sides of 22cm pie dish with one sheet of pastry.
- in a bowl, combine chicken, cheese, cottage cheese, yoghurt and pepper.
- lightly beat eggs and stir into mixture.
- spoon filling into lined dish.
- cover with the remaining pastry sheet.
- trim edges.
- bake at 220 degrees for 10 minutes.
- then 180 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- serve hot or cold.