Recipe by Nonnie4Two
I was looking for something new to do with squash, and spent some time looking at different ravioli recipes. I finally took a little bit of this one and a little bit of that one, and came up with this. We really enjoyed the end result.
Top Review by suzyq6037
I loved this dish! I had a lot of trouble with the pasta aspect--first time I messed it up and added too much water, the second time I made as written, but the dough was not elastic enough to make pasta. Probably more my inability to make pasta than the recipe's fault! The filling, though, is to die for. I've made it twice now with leftover chicken and turkey, and used ravioli wrappers instead of the pasta. Truly delicious. I served it with a pumpkin sauce, which was also wonderful.
- 3⁄4 cup squash
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons butter
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first six ingredients together to form a soft dough.
- Turn out to floured surface, and knead until smooth and pliable.
- Place in bowl, cover with plastic and let rest in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out to desired thickness, cut into ravioli shapes.
- Mix final five ingredients together.
- Place a small amount of filling in center of half the cut out raviolis.
- With the second half, moisten edges, lay over the top of the filling, and crimp the edges of the raviolis together.
- Let dry for at least 10 minutes.
- Bring salted water to boil, and cook in batches.
- Once ravioli rise, cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Serve with desired sauce.