Recipe by Marney
I like using red sauce for my enchiladas, my MIL likes using green sauce. Either way the filling is great.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 lbs medium cheddar, grated
- 2 -3 dozen corn tortillas, approximately
- 2 (14 ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- 1 bunch green onion, finely minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow pan cook the chicken in water until fully cooked, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Lightly toast tortillas on an open flame until very lightly charred and pliable (alternately place in damp paper towel and microwave for 30-45 seconds, do in batches of 12).
- Pull or cut the chicken into small pieces.
- Dip the tortillas in enchilada sauce, making sure to coat both sides. Place a small amount of the chicken, cheese and onion in the tortilla and roll up tightly. Place in a 9X13 pan seam side down. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and when the pan is full pour any remaining sauce over the enchiladas and sprinlke with cheese. Bake in a 350 degree farenheit oven for 15-20 minutes. Serve with sour cream, guacamole and hot sauce.