I like using red sauce for my enchiladas, my MIL likes using green sauce. Either way the filling is great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a shallow pan cook the chicken in water until fully cooked, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- 2Lightly toast tortillas on an open flame until very lightly charred and pliable (alternately place in damp paper towel and microwave for 30-45 seconds, do in batches of 12).
- 3Pull or cut the chicken into small pieces.
- 4Dip the tortillas in enchilada sauce, making sure to coat both sides. Place a small amount of the chicken, cheese and onion in the tortilla and roll up tightly. Place in a 9X13 pan seam side down. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and when the pan is full pour any remaining sauce over the enchiladas and sprinlke with cheese. Bake in a 350 degree farenheit oven for 15-20 minutes. Serve with sour cream, guacamole and hot sauce.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (616 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1524.0
- Calories from Fat 768
- Total Fat 85.3 g
- Saturated Fat 49.6 g
- Cholesterol 336.8 mg
- Sodium 2100.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 107.4 g