Recipe by CC & G
A great version of chicken enchiladas and they make great leftovers. Everyone raves about them at family gatherings and wants the recipe. You can make the filling ahead and let it sit as I find the flavors come out better than.
- 2 grilled boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (500 ml) package ricotta cheese
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups of medium salsa
- 2 cups colby cheese (or your favorite)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup black olives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill chicken breasts and allow to cool then cube it or shred it.
- In a large bowl, combine Ricotta Cheese, 1/2 cup of the salsa, chicken, green onions, green peppers, cilanto, black olives, salt and pepper and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Stir well and if you prefer to make ahead, put it in the fridge until ready to use.
- Lightly grease a rectangle glass dish.
- In the center of each tortilla, spoon about 3 heaping tablespoonfuls and roll.
- Arrange in dish by laying them side by side.
- Spoon over the rest of the salsa and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven until cheese is bubbling, about 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and serve with sour cream.