Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From a local cookbook.
Make and share this Chicken and Cheese Crescent Chimichangas recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease a large baking sheet.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until onion is tender.
- Add chicken; cook over low heat until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Separate dough into 8 rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal.
- Spread 2 teaspoonfuls of the salsa on each rectangle to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Stir 1 cup of the cheese into chicken mixture.
- Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture on half of each rectangle.
- Starting at shortest side topped with chicken, roll up; pinch ends to seal.
- Place seam side down on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 16 to 21 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; top each with about 2 tablespoons of remaining cheese.
- Return to oven.
- Bake an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream and additional salsa.