Recipe by CgyVegan
This is a great dish for brunches. You can use chicken or left over turkey. We used to make it for boxing day every year with the left over turkey. This recipe is best when made the night before and cooked the next morning.
- 5 cups bread (cubed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken (chopped)
- 1 (10 ounce) packagechopped frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 small onion (chopped, diced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a six cup, deep, straight sided baking dish. Layer 1/3 each of the bread, chicken, broccoli and cheese in the baking dish; repeat to make two more layers.
- Beat eggs with milk, onion, salt and mustard until well blended.
- Pour egg mixture over strata. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 deg. F oven for 1 1/4 hours or util puffy and golden.