Recipe by Kim A. Heaphy
Here is a recipe that originally came from the Women's Weekly cookbook series. This one is fast, easy and healthy! You can substitute the cashews for firm tofu if you wish!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 leek (well washed and thinly sliced)
- 250 g broccoli
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 125 ml water
- 30 ml oyster sauce
- 75 g cashews (unsalted and roasted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thinly slice or julienne carrots and broccoli stalk. Cut broccoli florets into bite size pieces.
- Thinly slice chicken pieces.
- Mix cornflour, stock, water, and oyster sauce together.
- Heat half the oil in a wok.
- Add chicken in batches, stir-fry until tender and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in wok , add garlic, leek carrots and broccoli, stir fry until leek is soft.
- Add chicken and bean sprouts. Add sauce mixture and nuts and stir until mixture boils and thinckens slightly.
- Serve over hot rice or rice noodles.