Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
loaded with cashews, ginger, honey, and sesame oil. Pair this entrée with a simple rice pilaf.
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce, divided
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth, reduced sodium, fat free
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped (about 3 green onions)
- 1⁄4 cup cashews, dry roasted, unsalted, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice
- Combine 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 2 teaspoons cornstarch, and chicken in a large bowl; toss well to coat. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce, remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch, broth, fish sauce, and honey in a small bowl.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Remove from pan. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in pan. Add onion, and bell pepper to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add ginger and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Return chicken mixture to pan; sauté 1 minute. Stir in broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with green onions and cashews.
- Rice pilaf: Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 cup chopped onion and 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in 1 cup water, 1/2 cup long-grain rice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; stir in 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro.