1/6 Photos of Chicken and Cashew Stir-Fry
Yumm, chicken and cashews for dinner. 30 mins or less start to finish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch scallion
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup whole roasted salted cashews
- 1Chop scallions, separating white and green parts.
- 2Pat chicken dry, then cut into 3/4-inch pieces and toss with salt and pepper.
- 3Heat a wok or 12-inch heavy skillet (not nonstick) over moderately high heat until a drop of water evaporates immediately.
- 4Add oil, swirling to coat, then stir-fry chicken until golden in places and just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 5Transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon. Add bell pepper, garlic, ginger, red-pepper flakes, and scallion whites to wok and stir-fry until peppers are just tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- 6Stir together broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, and sugar, then stir into vegetables in wok. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 7Stir in cashews, scallion greens, and chicken along with any juices accumulated on plate.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Cashew Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.3
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 94.4 mg
- Sodium 898.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 27.9 g