Yumm, chicken and cashews for dinner. 30 mins or less start to finish.
Make and share this Chicken and Cashew Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 bunch scallion
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whole roasted salted cashews
- Chop scallions, separating white and green parts.
- Pat chicken dry, then cut into 3/4-inch pieces and toss with salt and pepper.
- Heat a wok or 12-inch heavy skillet (not nonstick) over moderately high heat until a drop of water evaporates immediately.
- Add oil, swirling to coat, then stir-fry chicken until golden in places and just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon. Add bell pepper, garlic, ginger, red-pepper flakes, and scallion whites to wok and stir-fry until peppers are just tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir together broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, and sugar, then stir into vegetables in wok. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in cashews, scallion greens, and chicken along with any juices accumulated on plate.