Posted due to a request in the forums. This one sounds so good, and I'm giving it a try soon!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled & minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 small green chilies, seeded & finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 (400 ml) can coconut milk
- 250 ml strongly flavoured chicken stock
- 4 cardamom pods, bruised
- 1 kg boneless skinless chicken thighs, diced in 1 inch cubes
- 200 g fine beans, topped, tailed & halved
- 125 g cashew nuts
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 1Heat the oil in a wide saucepan and fry the onions gently, sprinkled with a little salt to stop them burning, until softened.
- 2Add the ginger, garlic, chillies,turmeric, cumin and coriander and cook, stirring, for another minute or so.
- 3Stir the coconut milk and stock into the onion spice paste and when everything is incorporated add the cardamom and chicken pieces.
- 4Bring the curry back to the boil then reduce heat and simmer gently for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is just about cooked through.
- 5Check the seasoning and add the fine beans, cooking for about 8 minutes longer.
- 6While you are cooking the beans, toast the cashew nuts in a dry frying pan until coloured a little.
- 7Add the cashew nuts to the curry, then stir in the soured cream and half of the chopped coriander.
- 8Serve with basmati rice, and sprinkle with more chopped coriander to serve.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Cashew Curry
Serving Size: 1 (525 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 836.7
- Calories from Fat 530
- Total Fat 58.9 g
- Saturated Fat 27.1 g
- Cholesterol 214.0 mg
- Sodium 530.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 58.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: