Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The marinade and the onions really give this chicken a wonderful taste. If you like onions, I think you will like this recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce, light
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 cups onions, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Combine soy sauce, molasses, and garlic powder.
- Marinate the chicken for at least a half hour, being sure it is covered, or turn it to coat all sides of the chicken.
- Toss the onions with the oil and salt and pepper to coat.
- Place in bottom of 9 x 13 pan.
- Lay chicken over onions, drizzle 1 T of marinade over each piece.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350.
- Optional: you can sprinkle cheese or fried onions over the chicken and bake an additional 2 minutes.
Now this is an excellent dish...the onions really didn't caramelize but they did get golden brown and very tasty...I cut the recipe in half and used an 8X8 pan...I topped the chicken with fried onions from a can of French's Fried Onions...for some reason cheese didn't seem like it would work with soy sauce...that's just me...DH loved this and he's a chicken hater...thanks for posting the recipe...Made for Spring 2014 PAC...=)