Recipe by Chef LadyRed
The vegetables in this dish are slightly caramelized, which gives this dish its savory flavor.
Top Review by Mel-Chop-Serve
Quick and Oh-So-Easy! My Signifigant other is not a big fan of mushrooms, so I substituted with potato 'medallions' (large russet potato, unskinned, 1/4" thick). Served it over steamed, long-grain white rice, and made a simple gravy from the left-over chicken stock. Deee-lish! I have found our new favorite!
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 white onion (medium sliced)
- 5 mushrooms (medium sliced)
- 5 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 head cabbage (sliced and cut into 1 " chunks)
- 59.14 ml chicken broth
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 oz cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 3.69 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large pot over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and chicken, saute until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add onions and mushrooms, saute until onions are translucent.
- Add cabbage, saute until cabbage is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook about 7 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- Increase heat to medium high and saute 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates.