Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The vegetables in this dish are slightly caramelized, which gives this dish its savory flavor.
Make and share this Chicken and Cabbage Saute recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in large pot over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and chicken, saute until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add onions and mushrooms, saute until onions are translucent.
- Add cabbage, saute until cabbage is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook about 7 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- Increase heat to medium high and saute 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
Quick and Oh-So-Easy! My Signifigant other is not a big fan of mushrooms, so I substituted with potato 'medallions' (large russet potato, unskinned, 1/4" thick). Served it over steamed, long-grain white rice, and made a simple gravy from the left-over chicken stock. Deee-lish! I have found our new favorite!
Very nice, quick and easy "comfort food" recipe. Like some reviewer,s I thought it needed a little something to make it a tad less bland -- maybe some herbs and/or lemon. But the basic premise is right on the money!
Yumm-o! used shredded, precooked chicken breast and tossed it in with the cabbage which i doubled and topped it off with some green onions.