The vegetables in this dish are slightly caramelized, which gives this dish its savory flavor.
Make and share this Chicken and Cabbage Saute recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in large pot over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and chicken, saute until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add onions and mushrooms, saute until onions are translucent.
- Add cabbage, saute until cabbage is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook about 7 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- Increase heat to medium high and saute 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
Quick and Oh-So-Easy! My Signifigant other is not a big fan of mushrooms, so I substituted with potato 'medallions' (large russet potato, unskinned, 1/4" thick). Served it over steamed, long-grain white rice, and made a simple gravy from the left-over chicken stock. Deee-lish! I have found our new favorite!
Very nice, quick and easy "comfort food" recipe. Like some reviewer,s I thought it needed a little something to make it a tad less bland -- maybe some herbs and/or lemon. But the basic premise is right on the money!
Yumm-o! used shredded, precooked chicken breast and tossed it in with the cabbage which i doubled and topped it off with some green onions.