Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The vegetables in this dish are slightly caramelized, which gives this dish its savory flavor.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion (medium sliced)
- 5 mushrooms (medium sliced)
- 5 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1⁄2 head cabbage (sliced and cut into 1 " chunks)
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 oz cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in large pot over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and chicken, saute until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add onions and mushrooms, saute until onions are translucent.
- Add cabbage, saute until cabbage is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook about 7 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- Increase heat to medium high and saute 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
Quick and Oh-So-Easy! My Signifigant other is not a big fan of mushrooms, so I substituted with potato 'medallions' (large russet potato, unskinned, 1/4" thick). Served it over steamed, long-grain white rice, and made a simple gravy from the left-over chicken stock. Deee-lish! I have found our new favorite!
Very nice, quick and easy "comfort food" recipe. Like some reviewer,s I thought it needed a little something to make it a tad less bland -- maybe some herbs and/or lemon. But the basic premise is right on the money!
Yumm-o! used shredded, precooked chicken breast and tossed it in with the cabbage which i doubled and topped it off with some green onions.