1 hr 15 mins
Quick From Scratch Chicken - Food & Wine. WINE: Pair this Mediterranean-inspired dish with a full-flavored red from France. Try one from the southern Rhône Valley such as a Châteauneuf-du-Pape or a Côtes-du-Rhône. Easier to find - round, supple, fruity syrah and blends
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb Brussels sprout, cut in half from top to stem
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 cups drained and rinsed white beans, preferably cannellini (from two 19-ounce cans)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1Heat the oven to 450°. In a medium bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts with 1 tablespoon of the oil, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 of teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- 2Put the chicken pieces in a large roasting pan and toss with 1 tablespoon of oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 3Arrange the chicken pieces about 1 inch apart, skin-side up, and roast for 25 minutes.
- 4Add the Brussels sprouts and continue cooking until the chicken and sprouts are done, about 12 minutes longer. Transfer them to plate and leave to rest in a warm spot for about 5 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, the garlic, and the rosemary over low heat, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- 6Raise the heat to moderate and add the beans, 1/4 cup of the water, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- 7Cook, mashing the beans to a coarse puree, until hot, about 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley.
- 8Pour off the fat from the roasting pan. Set the pan over moderate heat and add the remaining 1/4 cup water.
- 9Bring to a boil, scraping the bottom of the pan to dislodge any brown bits. Boil until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 4 minutes.
- 10Add any accumulated juices from the chicken and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- 11Spoon the white-bean puree onto plates and top with the chicken, the Brussels sprouts, and then the pan juices.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Brussels Sprouts over White-Bean and Rosemary Puree
Serving Size: 1 (560 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 776.2
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 138.0 mg
- Sodium 165.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 51.6 g