Recipe by Chicagopm
I made this because I'm trying to eat a little more healthfully and because I'm trying to clean out my refrigerator. ;o)
Top Review by Merlot
What a quick and easy dish without sacrificing flavor! This recipe is a great way to use canned chicken or left over chicken. I usually have a can or two of chicken in the motorhome if I need to come up with a dish in a hurry so this is really an exciting find. Loved the crunch that the chopped pecans added too. Thanks for sharing ANOTHER great recipe, Chicagopm!
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can white chicken meat, drained
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted and divided
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- "Flake" chicken in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix in cooked brown rice.
- Add about half of the nut pieces.
- Melt margarine or butter in a pan.
- Add sliced celery and cook for a couple of minutes until almost translucent.
- Add sliced mushrooms and heat until mushrooms have reduced.
- Mix in sliced green onions and cook until they have wilted slightly.
- Combine cooked vegetables and the liquid with the chicken and rice mixture.
- Top with reserved nuts and serve.