Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Broccoli and Rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli, cuts
- 2 tablespoons pimientos, chopped (optional)
- Bring water to a boil. Stir in rice.
- Cover, remove from heat, let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook and stir chicken in hot oil until lightly browned.
- Stir in soup, milk,.
- mustard and cheese,.
- Add broccoli and pimento.
- Bring to a full boil. Reduce heat and.
- simmer 2 minutes.
- Pour over rice.