Heidi C.'s Note:
I found this recipe in The American Heart Association Cookbook that was published in 1975. I have made this countless times.Its sooo good. Every year I make this for the xmas party at work....They tell me I better not show up without it!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- 2Cook broccoli according to package directions.(I use a little more)This recipe can be made with asparagus instead of broccoli.
- 3Mix margarine and flour together in saucepan.
- 4Cook briefly over medium heat.
- 5Blend in chicken broth,stirring constantly until thickened and smooth.
- 6Stir in mushrooms and their liquid.
- 7Season to taste.(I use garlic powder and season salt.Also I make twice as much sauce).
- 8Place cooked broccoli pieces in a shallow pan.
- 9Cover with sliced chicken and pour mushroom sauce over all.
- 10Top with parsley and bread crumbs.( I use more bread crumbs than recipe calls for.).
- 11Bake, uncovered,15 to 25 minutes, or until bubbly and brown on top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Broccoli With Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.7
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 85.1 mg
- Sodium 566.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 33.8 g