Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Talk about comfort food! This is a staple in my house in the winter. It's very thick and creamy.
- 6 large chicken breasts, boned and cooked
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 (9 ounce) packagefresh cheese tortellini
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large stockpot, combine canned chicken broth, celery and chopped onion, cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Add the chicken soup, broccoli, cheese tortellini, pepper, basil, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Bring to boiling point, turn heat down and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in the sour cream.