Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Talk about comfort food! This is a staple in my house in the winter. It's very thick and creamy.
Make and share this Chicken and Broccoli Totellini Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 6 large chicken breasts, boned and cooked
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 (9 ounce) packagefresh cheese tortellini
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- In a large stockpot, combine canned chicken broth, celery and chopped onion, cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Add the chicken soup, broccoli, cheese tortellini, pepper, basil, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Bring to boiling point, turn heat down and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in the sour cream.
YUM! I used fresh garlic and basil and used a mix of broccoli and carrots but otherwise made as written. This will be a repeat!
Thanks for posting this very flavorful soup. Will have this again. Only thing different was I used entire 9 oz pkg of tortellini. Needed to add a little more stock, but otherwise, followed recipe completely.