This recipe started from the back of a Thai Kitchen curry paste jar. A few modifications and I lost my main reason for wanting to go out for Thai. Now we can have it whenever we want in the comfort of home. Use chicken or beef or eliminate the meat and use your favorite vegetables. This is a versatile and tasty recipe.
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste or 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk (light works fine)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil (or 1/8 c. dried)
- 1 can bamboo shoot, drained
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 3 -4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- In a medium saucepan combine curry paste and coconut milk and heat.
- Just before boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve over freshly cooked rice.