Recipe by carolinafan
Delicious stir fry.
Top Review by viennagirl
This is very yummy! I didn't have any plain yogurt on hand so I substituted with water and heated the peanut sauce combination together in the microwave and blended it together and just added it to the cooking chicken/broccoli mixture. I cooked it together until the broccoli was crisp tender. I also didn't have fresh ginger so I used about 1/4 tsp ground ginger. Thanks for the great recipe! I'm sure I'll be making it again!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 3 -4 tablespoons water
- 2 cups broccoli florets, and 1/4-inch slices broccoli stems
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch strips (1/2 medium)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 dash chili powder
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in wok or 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, onion and gingerroot; stir-fry about 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add chicken; stir-fry 4 to 5 minutes, adding water if necessary to prevent sticking, until chicken is white.
- Add broccoli, bell pepper and soy sauce; stir-fry about 3 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Add 1 tablespoon water; reduce heat.
- Cover and cook about 2 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Serve over rice with Peanut Sauce.
- To prepare Peanut Sauce, mix all ingredients. Serve at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate any remaining sauce.