1/1 Photo of Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Patty Mae's Note:
This is a tried-and-true stir fry recipe that I've been using for over 20 years.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 -2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery (diagonally sliced)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into 8 sections
- 1Combine chicken broth, cornstarch, sherry, sesame oil, and soy sauce in a small bowl. Stir and set aside.
- 2Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- 3Heat a wok over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon peanut oil and swirl it around until it gets hot. Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for about 30 seconds.
- 4Add the chicken; toss and stir until chicken is done. Remove from wok and set aside.
- 5Add a little more oil to wok if needed. Add vegetables to wok; cook on high heat, tossing and stirring, until vegetables are heated through and the broccoli turns bright green.
- 6Stir the chicken broth mixture one more time to distribute the cornstarch evenly. Pour it over the vegetables, stirring until sauce thickens.
- 7Return chicken to wok and toss to coat chicken with sauce. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- 8Serve immediately with rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.9
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 43.8 mg
- Sodium 346.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 24.4 g