This is a tried-and-true stir fry recipe that I've been using for over 20 years.
Make and share this Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 -2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery (diagonally sliced)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into 8 sections
- Combine chicken broth, cornstarch, sherry, sesame oil, and soy sauce in a small bowl. Stir and set aside.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon peanut oil and swirl it around until it gets hot. Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken; toss and stir until chicken is done. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Add a little more oil to wok if needed. Add vegetables to wok; cook on high heat, tossing and stirring, until vegetables are heated through and the broccoli turns bright green.
- Stir the chicken broth mixture one more time to distribute the cornstarch evenly. Pour it over the vegetables, stirring until sauce thickens.
- Return chicken to wok and toss to coat chicken with sauce. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately with rice.