Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick and easy-to-make dish.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- fried Chinese noodles or hot cooked rice
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well; set aside. Cut chicken into 2-inch strips; add chicken to marinade, toss to coat.
- Refrigerate in tightly covered container 8-24 hours.
- Pour oil around top of a preheated wok or skillet, coating sides; heat on medium-high for 1 minute. Remove chicken from marinade. Place marinade in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, and cook 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Add chicken to wok; stir fry 2-3 minutes. Remove chicken, and set aside. Add broccoli to wok, and stir fry 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. return chicken to wok; add marinade, stirring well. Combine cornstarch and water; add to wok. Cook stirring constantly, until thickened. Serve chicken mixture over fried Chinese noodles or hot rice.
I made this last night. It was fairly quick to put together once the chopping was done. I think the time to prepare should be changed as it recommended marinading the chicken for several to many hours. Since I don't enjoy sweet things, I took the other reviewers suggestion and left out the brown sugar, I also reduced the hoisin sauce to 1 TBSP vs. 2 TBSP. If I had not done this, it would have been a VERY sweet dish! I did also add a red pepper which made it quite colorful. It is a very pretty looking dish, very colorful, especially with the addition of the red pepper. If you don't mind a sweet sauce, this recipe is lovely. As we prefer something a bit more salty, it was much too sweet for our tastes, even with the reduction in the Hoisin and elimination of the sugar.
Yummie! Good flavor and sauce texture. Cut chicken 1/2"x2" strips. Double the broccoli and throw in with the mushrooms (recipe cooked too long). Needs to be topped with nuts (cashews or peanuts) and served with soy sauce.
This was very easy and good. A little on the sweet side. I think the hoisin sauce adds enough sweetness that I would leave out the brown sugar next time. I served it with jasmine rice. Definiely a 30 minute or less meal.