Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick, hot main dish or a cold summer salad...you decide. Either way its on the table in 15 minutes!
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add broccoli and garlic; cook.
- 4 minutes.
- Stir in chicken; cook 4 minutes or until chicken is hot.
- Stir in lemon juice,seasonings, tomatoes and pasta; toss well.
- Top with cheese.
- Serve immediately or chill and serve as a salad.
I tried this tonight because it sounded interesting and I wanted to use spaghetti, broccoli and chicken together in a dish and happened to have all of the required ingredients. I think it needs something to make it a bit more saucy but I'm not sure what... maybe some more tomatoes or tomato sauce? (I even added a bit of white wine while cooking the broccoli and garlic and used extra lemon juice). I'd like to tweak this recipe a bit because I think it's a good base but it definately lacked some flavour and sauciness.
I was looking for something quick and easy to make tonight, this recipe fitted the bill nicely. Quick and easy to throw together, and the kids and I enjoyed it. I will make this again, but next time I'll be doubling the tomatoes and lemon juice, and adding a bit more spice and more garlic. This is a good recipe for us, and I will be making it again :)