1/5 Photos of Chicken and Broccoli Skillet Stir-Fry
You don't need a wok to make this just a large skillet --- this recipe will feed 2-3 people but can be doubled easily and all amounts may be adjusted to taste --- if you prepare the chicken and broccoli florets ahead of time this recipe takes little time to prepare, I sometimes add in matchstick-size carrots also, the red pepper flakes may be adjusted to suit heat level, my family likes extreme spice so add in lots! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 22.18 ml sesame oil
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1.23 ml dried red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 946.36 ml broccoli florets
- 88.74 ml chicken broth, divided
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into thin slices)
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 59.14 ml hoisin sauce (can use more)
- 44.37 ml oyster sauce (can use more)
- sesame seeds
- 1In a large skillet heat about 1-1/2 tablespoons sesame oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add in chopped garlic and dryed chili flakes; saute for about 1 minute.
- 3Add in broccoli florets and 4 tablespoons chicken broth; cover skillet and cook until the broccoli is just crisp-tender (about 2 minutes) transfer to a bowl.
- 4Add in 1 tablespoon more sesame oil to the skillet.
- 5Season the chicken strips with salt and pepper, then add to the hot skillet with green onions; saute until the chicken is cooked through (about 3 minutes).
- 6Add in remaining 2 tablespoons chicken broth, hoisin sauce and oyster sauce. Add in the broccoli florets back to the skillet; toss to combine until heated through (about 1-2 minutes).
- 7Transfer to a platter or large bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 8Serve with cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Broccoli Skillet Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 694.8
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 218.8 mg
- Sodium 1829.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 80.0 g