Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
You don't need a wok to make this just a large skillet --- this recipe will feed 2-3 people but can be doubled easily and all amounts may be adjusted to taste --- if you prepare the chicken and broccoli florets ahead of time this recipe takes little time to prepare, I sometimes add in matchstick-size carrots also, the red pepper flakes may be adjusted to suit heat level, my family likes extreme spice so add in lots! :)
Top Review by MissCeleste
This is so amazing! It's a household favorite. My husband is allergic to shellfish so we use teriyaki marinade as substitute for the oyster sauce and that's worked out pretty well, I still put a little oyster sauce on my food because it's delicious. I've also found that putting the sliced chicken into a slurry of cornstarch and soy sauce for about 30 minutes before cooking keeps it nice and tender. A can of water chestnuts is a great addition to this recipe as well!
- 22.18 ml sesame oil
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1.23 ml dried red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 946.36 ml broccoli florets
- 88.74 ml chicken broth, divided
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into thin slices)
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 59.14 ml hoisin sauce (can use more)
- 44.37 ml oyster sauce (can use more)
- sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet heat about 1-1/2 tablespoons sesame oil over medium-high heat.
- Add in chopped garlic and dryed chili flakes; saute for about 1 minute.
- Add in broccoli florets and 4 tablespoons chicken broth; cover skillet and cook until the broccoli is just crisp-tender (about 2 minutes) transfer to a bowl.
- Add in 1 tablespoon more sesame oil to the skillet.
- Season the chicken strips with salt and pepper, then add to the hot skillet with green onions; saute until the chicken is cooked through (about 3 minutes).
- Add in remaining 2 tablespoons chicken broth, hoisin sauce and oyster sauce. Add in the broccoli florets back to the skillet; toss to combine until heated through (about 1-2 minutes).
- Transfer to a platter or large bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve with cooked rice.