Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple 3 ingredient pasta salad with a tangy Gorgonzola dressing. Perfect for summer meals. You can cook the pasta in the water you used for the broccoli so there is only one pan to wash.
- 6 ounces broccoli florets, divided into small sprigs
- 2 cups farfalle pasta
- 2 cooked boneless chicken breasts, cut in bite sized pieces
- 3 1⁄2 ounces gorgonzola, mashed with a fork
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage
- salt and pepper
- Cook broccoli in a large pot of boiling salted water for 3 minutes.
- Remove to a colander using a slotted spoon, rinse with cold water, drain and dry on paper towels.
- Bring the cooking water back to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions, drain in a colander and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mashed cheese, vinegar, oil, and sage, season with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta, chicken and broccoli, toss to combine.
This is one of the quick and easy, but oh, so yummy and versatile pasta recipes every chef needs to have up their sleeves. You could always add what ever you fancy, what you happen to have, slivered almonds, crispy fried bacon and so on... I added 2 fat cloves of garlic in the dressing, and since this was a slightly dry salad, we drizzled some extra extra virgin olive oil on top of our portions on plate, just like Italians do. Doubbling the dressing might not be a bad idea, if you like blue cheese.