Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great recipe for 2 to use up leftovers--plus it's so good. Instead of cream soup, I have been making my own soup substitute with Homemade Cream of Style Soup Mix - Substitute
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 2 cups broccoli, cut in florets cooked
- 3⁄4 cup cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Spoon rice in a casserole.
- Add chopped chicken.
- Add cooked broccoli.
- Mix together soup,mayonnaise,milk and curry powder and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Pour on casserole.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place in preheated 325°F oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Save remaining soup for another use or double the ingredients and make this for 4.
I too was looking for this recipe! Four cups of rice proved too much for me because I love the light sauce and would like a little more for the rice. I think next time (which I'm adding this to my recipes for sure!) I might try just two cups of rice. The sauce is awesome. I boiled the chicken first and shred it. And will add even more curry. This is wonderful Sage. Thank you so Much!
This is exactly the recipe that I was looking for. I don't follow directions very well and I was making this for 12 people, so I don't know exactly how yours will taste, but I did follow the same basics. I did not use milk though, increased the mayo until the mound looked about as big as my soup mound and put more curry than the equivalent would have been. Also I cut up bread, soaked it in butter and placed it on top to make "to die for" croutons. Oh yeah didn't have cream of chicken soup either, so I used cream of mushroom and added chicken bouillon. My mother makes this every Christmas. It is a family favorite.