Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This good and easy recipe is from the back of my PA Dutch noodle bag and I was tired of holding onto the bag for the recipe!
- 8 ounces homestyle egg noodles, dry (or extra-wide noodles)
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli cuts
- 1⁄2 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules (or 2 cubes)
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- In a large pot, cook noodles as directed, adding broccoli to water during last 4 minutes of cook time.
- Drain noodles and broccoli.
- Coat large skillet with cooking spray.
- Over med-high heat, cook and stir chicken 5 minutes or until browned.
- In a small bowl, combine water, mustard, flour, lemon juice and bouillon; mix well.
- Add to skillet; cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in sour cream, noodles and broccoli; heat through, do not boil!
Very easy and very good on busy nights. I used about double the chicken that the recipe called for, but it turned out quite well.
good very filling great on a cold night did not have any sour cream so used a can of cream of chicken soup