Recipe by Carrie Ann
Tender chunks of chicken and crunchy broccoli in a rich, tangy lemon cream sauce. I use low-fat sour cream and low-fat mayonnaise with little affect to the recipe. This is a wonderful recipe if your looking for something different!
Top Review by 610247
A wonderful way to feature broccoli. I added a bit more Dijon mustard and used non fat sour cream. We will make this often in our kitchen. A very, very delicious one dish dinner. Thanks for posting this great recipe. Shawn in suburban Chicago
- 1 lb boneless chicken, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemons, rind of, to taste
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 3⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken in 1 tablespoon of melted butter in frying pan.
- Stir in cornstarch.
- Add milk, stir until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Reduce heat to very low, add mustard, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice and peel.
- Cut broccoli into florets, steam for 1 minute and drain.
- Arrange broccoli in a 2 quart baking dish.
- Spoon chicken mixture over broccoli.
- In frying pan, melt remaining butter, add bread crumbs and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle over chicken.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until mixture bubbles around edges.