Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is very easy and flavorful--also heats up nicely for leftovers.
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli spears
- 1 cooked chicken (store-bought whole roasted chicken, found in deli)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter (mix with breadcrumbs for topping)
- Place cooked broccoli spears in greased 9x13 dish.
- Place cooked chicken on top of broccoli in bite-sized pieces.
- Combine other ingredients and pour over this base.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover hotdish with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes.
- Note: This goes well with rice, and I usually serve it with grape juice.
This was fantastic. I added a little instant rice with the broccoli. I was out of cr. of chicken soup so I substituted one can of cream of mushroom soup and one can chicken barley. The lemon juice and curry powder give a wonderful flavor to this dish. I froze part of the casserole for work lunches to heat in the microwave. It tastes good then too and people came in the lunch room and asked what smells so good!
This is awesome. Made it last night and the family loved it. They also loved the leftovers today. I made it with no changes and it was easy and very flavorful. I'm sure we will be making this again and again. Thanks for the keeper!