Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I've been experimenting with Chinese food lately and have been wanting to make fried rice. Considering this was my first time making it, it turned out pretty good!
- 6 cups cold cooked brown rice or 6 cups white rice
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cleaned, patted dry and Diced into cubes
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 carrots, diced small
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add broccoli florets and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Lightly beat eggs and 1 tbs. water in a bowl.
- Heat a wok, or large deep skillet over high heat. Add 1 tbs. canola oil, add eggs, cook scrambling until firm. Transfer to plate and set aside. In same pan add 3 tbs. olive oil and chicken cook stirring for 2 minutes. Add onion, broccoli, carrot, garlic and ginger. Cook Stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add rice, cook stirring rapidly breaking up any lumps. Once the rice is heated trough add the soy sauce, sesame oil and cooked eggs, mix well to combine.