I've been experimenting with Chinese food lately and have been dying to make fried rice. Since I had Chicken and Broccoli I needed to use up, I figured I'd make it a one pot meal. Considering this was my first time making it, it turned out really good! ;-)
- 6 cups cold cooked brown rice or 6 cups white rice
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cleaned, patted dry and Diced into cubes
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 carrots, diced small
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add broccoli florets and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Lightly beat eggs and 1 tbs. water in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a wok, or large deep skillet over high heat. Add 1 tbs. canola oil, add eggs, cook scrambling until firm. Transfer to plate and set aside. In same pan add 3 tbs. olive oil and chicken cook stirring for 2 minutes. Add onion, broccoli, carrot, garlic and ginger. Cook Stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add rice, cook stirring rapidly breaking up any lumps. Once the rice is heated trough add the soy sauce, sesame oil and cooked eggs, mix well to combine.