Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This was inspired by 3 different recipes. Enjoy.
Make and share this Chicken and Broccoli Casserole With Garlic and Creamed Spinach recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 (9 ounce) boxfrozen boil in a bag creamed spinach
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 medium onions
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 3 cups broccoli
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta and creamed spinach according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, sauté onions and garlic in butter or margarine until onions are translucent.
- Mix flour in with onions and garlic.
- Mix in chicken broth then milk.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Simmer and stir until sauce is thicker.
- Drain pasta, preheat oven to 350.
- Mix pasta with sauce, broccoli, chicken, creamed spinach and cheese.
- Spray two casserole dishes with cooking spray.
- Fill the two casserole dishes with mixture.
- Cover casserole dishes and bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove covers and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Remove from oven, let cool to a reasonable level and serve.