Megan from Chicago's Note:
This was inspired by 3 different recipes. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 (9 ounce) box frozen boil in a bag creamed spinach
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 medium onions
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 3 cups broccoli
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cook pasta and creamed spinach according to package instructions.
- 2Meanwhile, sauté onions and garlic in butter or margarine until onions are translucent.
- 3Mix flour in with onions and garlic.
- 4Mix in chicken broth then milk.
- 5Add salt and pepper.
- 6Simmer and stir until sauce is thicker.
- 7Drain pasta, preheat oven to 350.
- 8Mix pasta with sauce, broccoli, chicken, creamed spinach and cheese.
- 9Spray two casserole dishes with cooking spray.
- 10Fill the two casserole dishes with mixture.
- 11Cover casserole dishes and bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- 12Remove covers and cook for 10 minutes more.
- 13Remove from oven, let cool to a reasonable level and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Broccoli Casserole With Garlic and Creamed Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 589.8
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 91.4 mg
- Sodium 1377.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 34.3 g