Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
If your kids don't like broccoli, try sweet peas, corn, or a different vegetable instead. Recipe from Parents.com
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Toss together 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese and the cornstarch; set aside.
- Place chicken, broccoli, onion, broth, 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and the cheddar cornstarch mixture into slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or on LOW for 4 hours.
- Remove lid and stir remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper into slow cooker. Serve immediately with rice.