Recipe by butterflyday
This recipe is a family favorite. We always double the recipe and have it for left overs. You can substitute fat free/low fat ingredients and have a healthy dish too.
Top Review by Epi Curious
This was really good and made a homey, comforting dish with items I had on hand. I used fresh broccoli that I blanched beforehand, one can cream of chicken (low sodium) and one can cream of celery (low sodium) and subbed canola mayo and it still tasted great. This is very kid friendly because there are no overpowering flavors...just creamy, healthy, homemade goodness. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups cooked chicken (shredded or diced)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In medium bowl, mix together cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, sour cream and lemon juice, until smooth.
- In 2 quart casserole dish, layer thawed broccoli (on bottom) then chicken and last, mayonnaise mixture.
- In small bowl, mix together bread crumbs and melted butter.
- Sprinkle on top of casserole and bake in oven for 30 minutes.