Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe has alot of taste to it and is very easy.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- breadcrumbs (for topping)
- Cook broccoli until almost done.
- Put in 9x12-inch pan and add meat.
- Mix mayo, soup, lemon juice and cheese.
- Spread soup mixture over chicken and broccoli.
- Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
It was nice to be able to assemble this the night before (I just rinsed the broccoli florets in water; I didn't cook them) and then take it from the refrigerator, sprinkle on the bread crumbs and butter dots and pop it in the oven (I cooked it for an extra 15 or 20 minutes since it was cold). I thought the "sauce" flavor was good but there was too much of it so would cut down to one can of cream of chicken soup next time.
WOW! This is a wonderful dish! Everyone loved it. Easy to prepare and oh so good. After topping the casserole with breadcrumbs, I dotted it with butter. Thank you so much for sharing this dish, Brenda!!!!
I changed a few things...instead of using bread crumbs, I used buttery crackers and topped with a few pats of butter.