Recipe by Adrian in Concord, N.C.
Great cheesy chicken and broccoli casserole, a favorite of my family. From the Davidson United Methodist Chuch cookbook. I usually put closer to 12 ounces of cheese (you can't have too much cheese if you ask me).
Top Review by ilovemassage.1985
I made this recipe for my BF who is a picky eater and he loved it! He actually ate all the leftovers before I was able to have second helpings. This is a delicious recipe that is very easy to prepare. I also like the fact that it only takes about an hour to prepare and bake.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli spears
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook broccoli as directed.
- Cube chicken into small bite-sized pieces while broccoli is cooking.
- Fry chicken in vegetable oil in skillet until done and slightly browned.
- Grease a 9x13 casserole dish with margarine or butter (reserve remaining margarine/butter).
- Line casserole dish with drained broccoli (alternate direction of each broccoli spear).
- Dot broccoli with reserved margarine/butter.
- Salt and pepper broccoli to taste.
- Place cubed chicken over the broccoli.
- Mix sour cream and soup in a small bowl.
- Cover chicken and broccoli with sour cream and soup mixture.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven until bubbly (approximately 30 minutes).