Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Houma, LA Courier Bayou Gourmet Cookbook Competition April 2006. Submitted by Norma Dinger in the Meat, Poultry and Game category.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese or 1 (8 ounce) package Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 2 broccoli florets, cooked, drained and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 4 chicken breasts or 4 one whole rotisserie chicken, cooked and roughly chopped
- 3 cups cooked rice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Saute onions in butter. After onions carmelize, stir in broccoli.
- Add soups and cooked chicken.
- Mix well.
- Add cooked rice and shredded cheese. Mix well again being careful not to mash rice or break up chicken.
- Bake in a 9" x 13" baking dish for 40 minutes.