Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
You can add onions, garlic, walnuts or water chestnuts to this dish.
- 6 skinless chicken breasts
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 2 (10 1/2 fluid ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 2 (10 1/2 fluid ounce) soup cans milk
- 1 (6 ounce) box bread stuffing mix (don't use the wild rice kind or your going to have bullets!)
- 1 head broccoli, cut into floweretts
- parmesan cheese (for sprinkling)
- Mix the soup with the milk and pour just enough into a casserole dish to cover the bottom.
- Add the chicken and cover each piece with a slice of swiss cheese.
- Now add the broccoli (I like to fill in the spaces) and pour the remaining soup over the top.
- Sprinkle with the stuffing mix and bake for 45 min at 350-375.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake for another 10-15 minute.
- Check to make sure chicken is cooked through.
I decided to make this with what I had on hand, so I substituted 1 can of lower fat cream of mushroom soup for one of the cream of celery cans. I used frozen broccoli cuts without thawing (so I would probably use about 1/2 can less of milk next time to make it less "soupy"). I also used skim milk which might have made a difference. Will definitely make this again!! It made a nice presentation and was delicious! Thanks!
My husband really enjoyed this recipe. I used regular milk as we do not like can milk. next time I will use less milk. Will make again.
Hubby and I liked this very much. Easy to make.