1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Angie Meneou's Note:
If you like chicken hot pockets or pizzas you'll love this! This is a wonderful blend of flavors all mixed into a Calzone.
My Private Note
large c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 package yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons leaf oregano
- 3 cups flour
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon chipotle hot sauce
- 1 egg white
- 1Dough: Dissolve Yeast in 1 cup warm water for 10 minutes, or until creamy.
- 2In a separate bowl, mix flour, oil, sugar, salt, and oregano leaf.
- 3Add in the yeast water mixture.
- 4Mix well until a ball forms.
- 5Spread extra four on kneading board, knead dough for 8 minutes, adding flour as needed until the right consistency is formed.
- 6Set aside in greased bowl, covered with damp cloth, in a warm area of the kitchen for 30 minutes.
- 7This dough should rise to twice its size.
- 8Mean while, shred cooked chicken breast meat.
- 9Mix in Chipotle sauce.
- 10Mix well until blended completely.
- 11Mix in soup, seasonings, cheese, and broccoli.
- 12Split dough into two balls.
- 13Roll out first ball until 1/4" to 3/8" thickness.
- 14Place 1/2 of chicken mix to the center of the round dough leaving at least 1.
- 155" of uncovered dough around the edge.
- 16Moisten the edge with water.
- 17Fold over dough to form 1/2 circle.
- 18Crimp edges forming a decorative pie crust style edge.
- 19Set aside on greased cookie sheet and begin to build 2nd calzone.
- 20Set both aside for 30 minutes to allow dough to rise.
- 21Break an egg over a small bowl, being careful not to add the yolk.
- 22Mix egg white with fork until loose and fluffy.
- 23Brush egg white over the top of the calzones before placing in the oven.
- 24This will make them golden brown.
- 25Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Broccoli Calzone
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 832.8
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 63.5 mg
- Sodium 1349.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 117.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.7 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 38.3 g