Recipe by Mimi in Maine
I got this out of a magazine several years ago. It is delicious when it's hot, or cold the next day (if there is any left). It slices nicely and you can microwave a cold slice a little and it will perk right up.
Top Review by imakepeoplepretty
This was SO delicious. I ended up using Colby-Jack cheese, and it turned out phenomenal. Very rarely do I find a recipe that's so easy, yet so yummy. It made plenty for my family of 5, and I still had enough for another meal to freeze. Served with plain white rice on the side. Perfect.
- 1 whole chicken breast (cooked & chopped)
- 1 cup broccoli floret (cooked some and chopped coarse)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- salt & pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) packages crescent rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the cut up chicken, broccoli, cheese, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper together.
- Unroll rolls; lay crosswise across a baking sheet.
- Press seams together.
- Put mixture down the center.
- Cut both side edges 1 1/2" apart and 3" deep.
- Twist each and secure across the middle of the filling; this becomes the braid.
- Tuck ends under.
- Bake 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.