Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
I got this out of a magazine several years ago. It is delicious when it's hot, or cold the next day (if there is any left). It slices nicely and you can microwave a cold slice a little and it will perk right up.
- 1 whole chicken breast (cooked & chopped)
- 1 cup broccoli floret (cooked some and chopped coarse)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- salt & pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) packages crescent rolls
- Mix the cut up chicken, broccoli, cheese, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper together.
- Unroll rolls; lay crosswise across a baking sheet.
- Press seams together.
- Put mixture down the center.
- Cut both side edges 1 1/2" apart and 3" deep.
- Twist each and secure across the middle of the filling; this becomes the braid.
- Tuck ends under.
- Bake 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
This was SO delicious. I ended up using Colby-Jack cheese, and it turned out phenomenal. Very rarely do I find a recipe that's so easy, yet so yummy. It made plenty for my family of 5, and I still had enough for another meal to freeze. Served with plain white rice on the side. Perfect.
Mimi, You certainly have a winner with this easy and very delicious braid.I did exactly as you shared your recipe.came out of the oven , looking so yummy! Would be so good at a ladie's luncheon.I will pass on this recipe to my friends.Thank-you for posting it. Rose
This was a great recipe. I made a few changes (for good reasons) I substituted mayo for cream of mushroom (husband not able to eat mayo). I also only had 1 pkg of crecents... so i just put them on top of the mixture and baked them in the oven like that. it wasn't a braid. :-) But it was still really good. We'll definately be making this again.