1/1 Photo of Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo (Or Asparagus)
The homemade Alfredo is a must to achieve a quality dish. Some sauce tips: Always use real Parmesan cheese and grate it yourself. Canned Parmesan will result in a grainy texture in your sauce. Bring the Parmesan to room temperature by letting it sit on the counter for 15 to 20 minutes once it is shredded. Cheese that is at room temperature will melt and blend evenly, helping you attain a creamy and smooth texture to your sauce. Slowly whisk the Parmesan into the hot cream and butter mixture. Stir until it is melted and combined.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces pasta, cooked and drizzled with olive oil and kept warm
- 4 -5 cups broccoli, separated into small florets, steamed until just tender about 3 minutes, set aside (can sub equal amount of cut asparagus)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato, drained and julienned
- 1 2/3 cups whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, grated (divided)
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1Season with salt and pepper the chicken breasts strips.
- 2Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and saute chicken strips in batches until cooked through and golden. Transfer chicken to bowl and keep warm.
- 3Add sliced minced garlic and red bell pepper to skillet and sauté until tender. Reduce heat to low.
- 4Add cream, 1 cup Parmesan cheese and all of Monterey Jack cheese. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly. Add chicken strips and any juices in bowl to sauce.
- 5Stir in sun-dried tomatoes, and steamed broccoli florets and warm through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 6To serve, arrange pasta on a large platter. Spoon chicken mixture on top and garnish with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo (Or Asparagus)
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1121.3
- Calories from Fat 570
- Total Fat 63.3 g
- Saturated Fat 33.9 g
- Cholesterol 256.9 mg
- Sodium 931.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 59.6 g